The Rose C. Engel Award for Excellence in Professional Practice will be given to a DEC member who is a practicing professional and whose primary role is serving young children with special needs and their families. This special award is given to honor Rose Engel, DEC’s first President, whose leadership has shaped DEC as an organization. Nominees are expected to meet the high standards of professional practice set by Rose Engel.
Nominees for the Rose C. Engel Award shall meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of DEC.
- Be a practicing professional whose primary role is serving young children with special needs and/or their families.
- Have made significant contributions at the local level that have improved or will improve the lives of young children with special needs and their families.
- Have, through their work, provided evidence of knowledge and skills consistent with recommended practices in the field
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards.
The individual honored with this award will receive: a plaque during the opening ceremony of the International DEC Conference on Young Children with Special Needs and Their Families, a cash award, and complimentary conference registration.
To nominate an individual for the Rose C. Engel Award:
Prepare a nomination portfolio, which contains:
A letter of nomination indicating the award for which the person is being nominated;
An overview of the individual’s accomplishments related to the criteria established for the award
Two additional letters of nomination
The individual’s resume or vita
Nominations are due July 15, 2013. Email nomination portfolios to email@example.com.